May is National Nursing Month and although we appreciate and support nurses every month of the year, May is a special time to celebrate the healthcare heroes who care for patients and improve the lives of individuals across the world. In recognition of nurses, many companies offer Nurses Week deals and Nurses Week freebies, including everything from 50% off to free products and services.
Over the last two years, the COVID-19 pandemic placed additional pressure on healthcare systems around the world and increased stress levels for many nurses and other healthcare practitioners. It’s important for nurses to take time off, tend to their mental health, and put their health first so they have the energy and ability to tend to the health of patients.
If you are currently working or have previously worked in the nursing profession, we want to say thank you. Thank you for your selfless service and dedication throughout these difficult times. Please know that you are valued and appreciated members of the community. It’s a good time to treat yourself and take a moment to celebrate your many achievements.
Join Us In Celebrating Nurses Everywhere
Nurses make up the largest healthcare profession in the United States, with more than 3.8 million registered nurses (RNs) nationwide and 84.5% of all licensed RNs working in nursing. As a result, nurses make up the backbone of the healthcare system; they improve patient outcomes, empower doctors and other healthcare professionals, and support and educate patients and their families.
In honor of nurses everywhere, Dr. Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, the Director-General of the World Health Organization said:
“We launched WHO’s first State of the World’s Nursing report. The report shows the world is facing a global shortage of 6 million nurses to achieve and sustain universal health coverage, especially in low- and middle-income countries. We need to support these countries to expand nursing education and create nursing jobs. And all countries, of all income levels, must ensure occupational safety and health of their nurses.”
Although it’s vital that we as a community express our appreciation for nurses, we can do more for nurses. We must come together and protect nursing professionals by engaging in the following:
- Ensure the continual health and occupational safety of nurses and all healthcare workers, including protecting nurses from workplace harassment or hostility around mask mandates and vaccinations.
- Ensure nurses and all healthcare workers have access to mental health support, timely and adequate pay, sick leave, insurance, and access to educational resources required to respond to healthcare needs.
- Ensure nurses are given the financial support and other resources required to help continue to respond to the pandemic.
What Nurses Week Deals Can I Get During Nurses Month?
It’s time to treat yourself! There are a number of companies that offer special discounts to nurses and other healthcare workers in recognition of the difference you make. To celebrate Nurses Month, we’ve put together a list of discounts and Nurses Week freebies that you can access as a nurse.
Shoes and Apparel Deals
- Nike: 10% off, up to $500
- L.L. Bean: 15% off
- Sperry: 30% off
- Under Armour: 20% off
- Puma: 20% off
- Levi’s: 25% off
- Adidas: 30% off
- Reebok: 15% off
- Asics: 40% off
- Tortuga: 20% off
- Crocs: Free pair of shoes
- Calvin Klein: 20% off
- Lululemon: 15% off
- Carhartt: 25% off
Health and Wellness Deals
- Theragun: 20% off
- Peloton: Free Essentials Package with the purchase of a Peloton bike
- Ring: 20% off
- Beam: 25% off
Home Goods Deals
- Brooklyn Bedding: 25% off
- Purple: 10% off
- Casper: 20% off
- Tuft & Needle: 15% off
- Saatva's Luxury Mattress: $225 off your order of $1,000 or more
Electronics and Internet Deals
- Samsung: up to 30% off
- Verizon: wireless unlimited plans will be as low as $30/mo per line
Food and Hospitality Deals
- Home Chef: 50% off the first box, 10% off ongoing
- Green Chef: 50% off the first box, 15% off ongoing
- Blue Apron: $110 off and free shipping on the first box
- KIND: 15% off and free shipping
- Thrive Market: Free membership
Most of these companies will require verification of identity through either Sheer ID or ID.me in order to access the discounts. Rockhurst University is not partnered with any of these brands and does not benefit from these links being used. These discounts are not exclusive to Nurses Month but are subject to change.
Advance Your Nursing Career At Rockhurst University
Rockhurst University offers the ideal online programs for nurses who are ready to advance their careers. Earn your master’s degree in nursing and join one of the largest, fastest-growing professions in the U.S. With Rockhurst’s robust online curriculum, state-of-the-art simulation lab, and flexible course options, achieving career satisfaction and higher earnings are well within your grasp.
Rockhurst University offers the following online programs:
- Online Hybrid Accelerated Bachelor Of Science In Nursing (ABSN)
- Online Master Of Science In Nursing–Family Nurse Practitioner (MSN-FNP)
- Online Master Of Science In Nursing–Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner (MSN-AGACNP)
- Online Master Of Science In Nursing–Family Nurse Practitioner Second Degree Master’s Program (FNP Second Degree Master’s)
- Online Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner Post-Graduate Certificate Program (AGACNP Post-Graduate Certificate)
- Online Master Of Science In Nursing Family Nurse Practitioner And Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner Dual Track (MSN Dual Track)
We invite you to learn more about Rockhurst University’s online nursing programs.