College of Business, Influence and Information Analysis
- Director of Undergraduate Business Programs
- Ph.D. Urban Leadership and Policy Studies and Education, University of Missouri--Kansas City
- M.B.A. Organizational Behavior, Rockhurst College
- M.S. Secondary Education: Speech, Theatre, English, Indiana University
- B.S. Secondary Education: Speech, Theatre, English, Indiana University
Professional Licensures and Certifications
- Spinning Certification, Johnny G Spinning Inc. - 1998
- Personal Trainer, American Council on Exercise - 1994
- Group Exercise Instructor, American Council on Exercise - 1992
- Accredited Business Communicator (ABC), International Association of Business Communication - 1992
Anna Carol "Acey" Lampe, Ph.D., describes her passion in life as "helping people understand themselves and the organizations in which they live." It is this passion that fueled her interest and education in personality and organizational typing and emotional intelligence.
Lampe spent 30 years in corporate America, including two years working for the Department of Atomic Energy in Oak Ridge, Tennessee, and 28 years in the areas of communications, training, and business support at Hallmark Cards, Inc.
Notably, she developed the strategy and tactics for Hallmark's Research and Marketing Universities' interdisciplinary vehicles for developing new perspectives about the business and consumers, creating new ways of working together and devising practices and structures to support new approaches to learning and doing business.
After retiring from corporate America in 2009, Lampe took a full-time teaching position at the Helzberg School of Management, sharing her knowledge, expertise, and passion with students, as well as serving in a dual role as director of undergraduate business programs at the Helzberg School.
Although Lampe has since retired from her full-time position as an executive associate professor management, she continues to contribute to the education of Rockhurst University student companions by serving as an adjunct professor in undergraduate and graduate business education, including providing supporting instruction for the Executive MBA program.
Lampe is ABC-accredited by the International Association of Business Communicators and has won "Bronze Quill" and "Silver Quill" awards for her professional communications work. She is a social member of the Junior League of Kansas City.