College of Business, Influence and Information Analysis
- Ed.D. Higher and Adult Education, University of Memphis
- M.B.A. Management, Lincoln University
- B.S. Respiratory Therapy, University of Missouri
- Certificate Respiratory Therapy, State Fair Community College
Professional Licensures and Certifications
- FACHE, American College of Healthcare Executives - 2004
- MHP, Health Insurance Association of America - 1996
- Diplomate, American College of Healthcare Executives - 1993
- RRT, National Board for Respiratory Care - 1984
Jim Dockins, Ed.D., is a professor of management in the healthcare leadership program in the Helzberg School of Management. He teaches classes in health systems, health policy, leadership, and international business.
His prior teaching experiences include courses taught in health ethics, health policy, healthcare systems, organizational behavior and operations management. Dockins has more than 30 years of experience in the healthcare industry as a senior executive in U.S. and international hospitals.
While attending the University of Memphis, Dockins obtained a Doctorate of Education degree and received an MBA from Lincoln University. He earned his undergraduate health sciences degree from the University of Missouri-Columbia.
His research interests include healthcare quality, access to healthcare, health policy, patient satisfaction and employee satisfaction. Dockins is a Fellow of the American College of Healthcare Executives and also serves on the board of directors for the Health Care Foundation of Greater Kansas City and Primaris Healthcare Business Solutions.
In his spare time, Dockins serves as a captain in the Missouri Wing of the Civil Air Patrol and is an FAA-certified flight instructor.